Joan Jett’s jacket. Notice the pins.
"keep abortion legal"
"If she says no, it’s rape"
"Pro fucking choice"
This jacket is from about thirty years ago. These issues were big then. Thirty years later, these issues are still present. I was amazed to find these pins on the jacket, and realize this, because I would have thought, back then, if I was alive, that those issues would be solved by NOW.
But they aren’t. Joan Jett knew what was up.
Why can’t we take a minute and soak in her “bad reputation” and think about how in thirty years, abortion and rape culture STILL are huge issues.
Photos courtesy of EMP museum in Seattle, Washington.
i don’t want to be a part of a college system where plagiarism is a worse crime than rape
While there is a lot of appropriate rage about Ferguson right now, the killing of John Crawford, III is getting less attention than it deserves. I put Shaun King’s tweets and history lesson on the matter in chronological order for easier consumption.
You really should be following Shaun King on Twitter.
this makes me cry
Shortly after a successful album, Fall Out Boy are already on the grind again. It looks like a new album will be released early 2015.
Get the details here!
Y E S
IT IS GETTING BETTER
i just burst into tears this is amazing
I disagree with you but ill let you have this one because I don’t feel like debating anymore with your simple ass (via monitormylife)
60” wide x 48” tall x 1” deep
35,000+ hand cast urethane flowers
i’m just saying, take as many selfies as you want.
there are multi-million dollar companies with old white men as ceos that profit off of your low self-esteem and self-hate.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
women: being a woman is hard
men: I thikn youre forgetting something: it is also hard to be a man. just letting you know that you forgot to mention that when you were talking about being a woman
Charts from OKCupid, showing how straight women and men rate each other based on ages. For women, the men they find most attractive are roughly their own age. For men, the women they find most attractive are roughly the same age - 20 to 23 - regardless of the age of the man. (538)